Here’s some tips from our thrifty cat behaviorist. Remember, you get full detailed instructions with your order for all of these Cat Faeries products.
Cat toys, making them last, keeping them fresh & clean
- Store catnip toys in a Zip lock bag. Press as much air out as you can, then seal.
- Use Scotch tape or packing tape to remove fuzz and dust (just like you do to remove cat fur from your clothes).
- If your cat pees on a toy: lightly mist with Anti Icky Poo several times over a day or two, then let dry completely.
- If your cat hurls a fur ball on a cat toy: scrape off what you can, then lightly mist Anti Icky Poo several times over the course or a day, then let dry completely.
Remembering to use your Comfort Zone with Feliway spray. Don’t put it out of sight, out of mind!
- Store it in a place that you go to every day so you get the visual prompt to use it.
- near the coffee maker
- near the your toothbrush
- on top of the TV or by the remote control
- on the coffee table or an end table
- If you are correcting a problem use your spray two or three times a day.
- If you are maintaining your efforts and the cats are being good, use it once a day or a few times a week.
Places to NOT store Feliway spray
- near the fire place
- near the stove or oven
- near the heater
Remembering to swap out a spent Comfort Zone with Feliway diffuser refill for a new one:
- Order from us and get stickers for your calendar or appointment book. And use them!
- Your stickers will help you to know that your diffuser is working properly. If your refill bottle lasts longer or shorter than 4 weeks it’s time to replace it.
Taking good care of your Feliway diffuser to make it last a long time:
- The manufacturer says a diffuser will last 6 months. Because we take good care of ours we’ve had the same ones for many years.
- Every few months unplug your diffuser and with a damp Q-tip remove built up dust and crud.
- Don’t bang the vacuum cleaner into the diffuser as your clean your floors.
- Be careful to not drop it when you change your refill bottles.
Cat Faeries Flower Essences For Cats – where to store them, how to handle the dropper:
- It’s best to store them in a cabinet, but if that’s not practical then find a darkish corner in your kitchen. Ours tend to end up in a kitchen corner so we see them every morning when we change the cat’s water bowl.
- If you broke your dropper – ask us for a new one when you place your next order. We’ll send one free.
- Don’t let the dropper touch your fingers, or fall to the floor or countertop. If that happens, don’t panic, rinse it under filtered water and place it back in the bottle. Dirt and oils from fingers can contaminate the waters.
- NEVER put the glass dropper in the cat’s mouth! That’s why our handout is full of great ways to administer flower essences: food, water, anoint.
Cat Beds – we’ve had some of ours since the 1990’s!
- Always wash them in COLD water with mild soap
- Always air dry, never machine dry
- So that your bed dries fast, grasp the outer velveteen, and the inner fleece and pull them apart to form a <> shape. This allows air to flow and speed up drying time.
Anti Icky Poo – how long it will last and a clever use for it.
- Unopened it will last 3 years.
- Opened it should be used within 1 year.
- Store it under the sink or a cool place.
- Keep it upright so it doesn’t leak.
- If you’ve got some left over and it’s getting old – pour it down the kitchen drain and it will eat up soap scum and grease! Leave it sit for about an hour if you can.