Lilies – Fleur Fatal for cats! And other toxic Spring flowers.

Spring is all about flowers and to most of us we look forward to seeing the flowers from bulbs. Tulips, daffodils, lilies. But if you live with cats Do Not Buy Them or bring them into your home. One tiny nibble on any part of the plant (leaves, flowers, pollen) can mean sudden death to a cat. Even drinking the water in the vase holding the flowers can cause death or serious illness.

This article talks about how sensitive cats are to all parts of lilies – not just the flowers and leaves, but the water they sit in, and pollen too if the particles get on your cat’s whiskers, feet or fur (this can be fatal).

http://www.noliliesforcats.com/site/view/169876_FAQ.pml

This a very sad but very informative story from the Daily Mail about what happens when a cat eats any part of a lily: The Valentine bouquet that killed my cats: Mother’s Day warning on lethal lilies

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2289569/The-Valentine-bouquet-killed-cats-Mothers-Day-warning-lethal-lilies.html#ixzz2uHABGTRC

This website has a very good list of plants which are toxic to cats.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/poisonous_pla

Comments are closed.