$4.99! That’s our new flat rate shipping for when you order just our cat toys! Cats everywhere are rushing to their computers so that their toys will arrive by the 25th! Get them at http://www.catfaeries.com/toys.html
Here’s a fun Vine video sent in by Kitty and Chris of their cat Deanna playing with her Cat Faeries carrot catnip toy!
(Click on the video to turn on the sound and to stop/start.)
Cats love our unique cat toys and this is a great time of year to get more. Going to holiday gatherings at the home of other cat lovers? Cat toys make the best hostess gifts!
All year round we hear from people who tell us how much their cats love our cat toys (all of them made in the US!). Here are few comments from very happy customers:
My cat has new friends in 4 of your catnip bunnies! We love the shape, the soft fabric, and the colors.
Please send Maverick a toy such as the pickle or the pepper as he loves the “long” toys and already has the asparagus. This is for his birthday next week and he’s recovering from the removal of a mast cell tumor. Thanks!!
Already have pickle, corn cob, and pine cone toys. Would like something different if possible such as; carrot, chili pepper, fried egg and ice cream cone. Thank you.
I am looking for more ears of corn – my cat who was very sick but doing okay now, sleeps with it as his pillow, carries around and would be lost without it. No other designs work!
When it comes to catnip toys my kitties would prefer the following if you have available: mushroom, chicken bone, ice cream cone (chocolate w/sprinkles if avail.), pickle.
Our cat Franklin just lost his littermate of 12 years, and is doing very well… but he needs some new toys to give him some fun now that he’s a solo kitty. He’s a big boy, and loves his CF pear. Something large like that (ice cream cone?) would be great, along with a mouse or 2 (he likes to swing it up in the air by the tail). Thanks!
My cat only likes mice. Please send only mice.
My cats would love if there’s a strawberry in the gift set. Thanks!
Have you heard this before? Your cat toys are the only cat toys our cats will play with!
Here’s some tips from our thrifty cat behaviorist. Remember, you get full detailed instructions with your order for all of these Cat Faeries products.
Cat toys, making them last, keeping them fresh & clean
- Store catnip toys in a Zip lock bag. Press as much air out as you can, then seal.
- Use Scotch tape or packing tape to remove fuzz and dust (just like you do to remove cat fur from your clothes).
- If your cat pees on a toy: lightly mist with Anti Icky Poo several times over a day or two, then let dry completely.
- If your cat hurls a fur ball on a cat toy: scrape off what you can, then lightly mist Anti Icky Poo several times over the course or a day, then let dry completely.
Remembering to use your Comfort Zone with Feliway spray. Don’t put it out of sight, out of mind!
- Store it in a place that you go to every day so you get the visual prompt to use it.
- near the coffee maker
- near the your toothbrush
- on top of the TV or by the remote control
- on the coffee table or an end table
- If you are correcting a problem use your spray two or three times a day.
- If you are maintaining your efforts and the cats are being good, use it once a day or a few times a week.
Places to NOT store Feliway spray
- near the fire place
- near the stove or oven
- near the heater
Remembering to swap out a spent Comfort Zone with Feliway diffuser refill for a new one:
- Order from us and get stickers for your calendar or appointment book. And use them!
- Your stickers will help you to know that your diffuser is working properly. If your refill bottle lasts longer or shorter than 4 weeks it’s time to replace it.
Taking good care of your Feliway diffuser to make it last a long time:
- The manufacturer says a diffuser will last 6 months. Because we take good care of ours we’ve had the same ones for many years.
- Every few months unplug your diffuser and with a damp Q-tip remove built up dust and crud.
- Don’t bang the vacuum cleaner into the diffuser as your clean your floors.
- Be careful to not drop it when you change your refill bottles.
Cat Faeries Flower Essences For Cats – where to store them, how to handle the dropper:
- It’s best to store them in a cabinet, but if that’s not practical then find a darkish corner in your kitchen. Ours tend to end up in a kitchen corner so we see them every morning when we change the cat’s water bowl.
- If you broke your dropper – ask us for a new one when you place your next order. We’ll send one free.
- Don’t let the dropper touch your fingers, or fall to the floor or countertop. If that happens, don’t panic, rinse it under filtered water and place it back in the bottle. Dirt and oils from fingers can contaminate the waters.
- NEVER put the glass dropper in the cat’s mouth! That’s why our handout is full of great ways to administer flower essences: food, water, anoint.
Cat Beds – we’ve had some of ours since the 1990’s!
- Always wash them in COLD water with mild soap
- Always air dry, never machine dry
- So that your bed dries fast, grasp the outer velveteen, and the inner fleece and pull them apart to form a <> shape. This allows air to flow and speed up drying time.
Anti Icky Poo – how long it will last and a clever use for it.
- Unopened it will last 3 years.
- Opened it should be used within 1 year.
- Store it under the sink or a cool place.
- Keep it upright so it doesn’t leak.
- If you’ve got some left over and it’s getting old – pour it down the kitchen drain and it will eat up soap scum and grease! Leave it sit for about an hour if you can.
Friend of Cat Faeries, Aldyth Beltane of All Creatures Healing Network in San Francisco places kittens in foster care until they are old enough or socialized enough for their forever home. Recently we talked about how those rambunctious kittens can drive older cats to a meltdown.
What to do?
Multi Cat Household to the rescue! It’s all about acceptance, tolerance (oh boy, you can say that again), giving space when it’s needed, not feeling your space is encroached upon, feeling that family bond, and chilling out from just about anything which annoys the modern housecat.
The other thing you can do is install as many Comfort Zone with Feliway diffusers as budget permits. The feline delighting pheromone spreads calm and friendship throughout the house as well as buys you insurance that someone won’t start peeing outside of the box.
Happy Spring! And hey: spay, neuter! Aldyth tells us that every year, it’s the same thing… far too many kittens are being born with few homes ready or able to take them and love them. Come on! Spay! Neuter! Donate to your shelter so they can help pay for spray/neuter for people who can’t afford it. Let’s solve this problem!
PS – you can tire out kittens with our cat toys and allow those older cats do get their beauty rest in peace!
Now back in stock after selling out in one day! Cat Faeries is overjoyed to present catnip bunnies! Our catnip bunnies will have your cats hoppin’ all around the house in hot pursuit of their new lagomorph friends! When you open the box containing the bunnies your cat will purr “Somebunny loves me!”
These Catnip Bunnies are all handmade in the USA and filled with our legendary catnip.